Sunday, September 20, 2009

VisLang: Peplowski, Final-final.

My final Peplowski poster is seen below. I chose to use a visual pun to illustrate Peplowski's fun rendition of Benny Goodman's music. I did this through the image of an upside-down clarinet, supported by the tag line "turning the classics upside-down."

The thought came up that my poster was too "flat" in it's strictly vectored form. I decided then to bring in a picture I took while I was at the folly. The picture in the background is not the outside of the folly, but is instead of the inside, back behind the scenes, where many performances have come and gone. I thought this was a good choice because it also helps speak to the past/"roots" of the Peplowski performance which is something I had wanted to incorporate into my original design anyway. This is just a more literal way of doing that.

No comments: