Monday, March 9, 2009

Viscom: Archive Awareness




I chose this image for it's color scheme. This isn't a friendly image, the colors make it seem ominous with the potential for danger and disaster. I have dark blues and purples along with a red in my color pallet and the ominous/potential for disaster ideas are something I tried to portray in my work.
 I chose this image for the colors used as well. There is a sense of delicacy and elegance. An old-time/ancient feel is something I was going for in my own icons with the same beige-ish colors, hinting at the history of magic and magicians.
This image was chosen for the same reasons as the last, an antique-ish color pallet hinting at elegance and age.
I found there to be similar colors in this work as in my own, however these colors together have more of a retro 60's party feel and that is something I need to avoid.
The circles relate to my work and I think this is a good contrast to my icon set. These are very playful and the colors are very bright and vibrant almost in a way that hints at a childlike quality. My colors are much more muted and my icons have a greater sense of control and seriousness, vanquishing the thought of silly, childlike icons. 
Carly found this one for me, glove in a circle, Harry Houdini- this piece screams magic. I love these colors. I wonder if it's too late for me to change my pallet...
How could I possibly pass up a chance to put something Tim Burton related on my page? These are similar colors to my icon system, muted, hinting at seriousness, and also at delicacy. There is more than what meets the eye.



2 comments:

jamie said...

Good visual research and justifications Abby.

AGallagher said...

Thank you kindly :)