Monday, April 27, 2009

Vis Com Pattern Work



These first three images are the direction I was originally heading for the Smithsonian exhibit promo. I was thinking of a  way to incorporate the icon/image juxtapositions with the patterns. The patterns all include a hand and then the main object. The Tiger/Hand pattern was made with the idea of a trainer fending off the tiger, speaking to the research I did and the topic of Sig. and Roy I used in my infograph. Hands go in handcuffs. Houdini was a handcuff master and escape artist. You pull a rabbit out of a top hat.  This was the first attempt I made at incorporating both ideas on one plane. After talking with Jamie I decided to work with the images a bit and see how I could better incorporate them.This is the last idea I have developed. These are the images that I have conceptually applied to all templates (t-shirt, postcard, etc.) I will show pictures of the incorporations once I talk with Jamie about which are the strongest. In these, I wanted to show overlap and I used the images of the people/hat to further along the idea of pattern and repetition. The color pallet is derived from the 2-color icon set based off of my original color pallet. The images are almost all from my original research as well. 

No comments: