Friday, February 27, 2009

VISCOM FINAL ICONS


Sorry that the images are all messed up but this blog program kind of sucks with the use of images.

It all started with a book...

The color images of the playing cards is the direction I decided to go with CARDS for the sake of legibility when the pile of cards (seen in the top right corner of the photo with 4 different card drawings) didn't pan out. I laid out the cards, sketched them in different ways, entered the image into the matrix in an attempt to find a unified system, and wound up working on a white-shape-black-background-semi-detailed system. The glove started in a similar fashion. I found an image, drew from it, and wound up with the icon seen below.   

The final icons can be seen above (The set below was completed before making the small minor tweaks that needed to be made to the tigers mouth, hat, etc.). I may still need to make a few "digital craft" tweaks and I still don't know if the shapes of the black background are working yet or not. I'll keep working on them. Any feedback would be greatly a ppreciated in regards to the backgrounds. 



No comments: