Friday, February 13, 2009

VISCOM Project two: Matrix 1




Sorry for the semi-crappy imagery, it is difficult to successfully scan tracing paper images. 

The image with the rabbit heads and the cards: the random pile of cards was how I was originally going to portray PLAYING CARDS in my icon system. We decided in critique to try to say cards without using spades or numbers and things. This brought about the fan of cards seen on the third image. The bottom left set on that same page, black cards with white outlines, is the direction I'm planning on going in with all of my icons. The rabbit head on the first image, we have decided, is too cartoony and playful amongst the other more serious images. Jon suggested using just the rabbit head in the second image on the bottom right to portray a rabbit in a more serious manner. I plan on adding white lines and using a matrix to try different things with that image to make it better fit with the cuffs and the cards.  

I'm back to square one with my BLADE images. Close but no cigar. I'm going to take the circular saw blade and use a matrix to see what I can do with it but I am also leaning more towards the sword for BLADE because it would work well along side the magic WAND and with ROPE in that it would be a singular, skinny image that has quite a bit of negative space. 

I will add the newer matrix(s) as I complete them this weekend. 

No comments: