Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VISCOM Project two: Digital Icons take 2



Sooo.... I've been working hard on my magic icons. The two larger rabbit heads are two iterations of the same icon. One with nose, one without. Everyone in critique kept commenting that they needed to see a nose. Personally, I hate the nose :) I don't think I'll keep it. It seems to me to be an unneeded detail that distracts the viewer from the simplicity of the silhouette. The image of smaller icons on the left is a screenshot of the 5 icons I have almost completely done. I think the cards will need a thicker stroke around the outline of the individual cards in order to be consistent with the rest, and I still plan on playing with them in the negative in their respective backgrounds. Making the icons in their negative will bring back the idea of the White Glove and the White Rabbit, however, it may not end up panning out considering the Top Hat should, in reality, be black. Oh well, something to look into none the less.  In looking at the rest of the icons, I reflected the rabbit head in order to play off of the top left to bottom right slant that is happening with the rest of the system. This is the progress I've made thus far. More to come :) 

No comments: