Friday, February 5, 2010

Typo 4: Questions for the Experiment

1. What if I have no end outcome? What if I go in completely blind and just start messing around? Knowing of course that light and shadow are my tools and toys. 

2. What if I go in with a set of variables and change them one at a time?

3. What if I change all the variables at once?

4. What if I change the light source from static to motion?

5. What if I work in a controlled environment? Or outside where I have less control? 

6. What if the content of the text directly reflects the type of type I'm creating? What if it's completely different (juxtaposition)? 

7. What medium should I project on? 

8. What position should I take while observing? In front of screen, behind, sideways?

9. What would happen if the light is not still, but flashing/strobing? 

10. Can music inform the feel of the type? -music motion, to the beat, pulsing, slow vs fast music, projecting the sound motion

11. How can I visually represent the outcomes of my experimenting? Photography vs video recordings

12. The clarity of the type will be a reflection of all the variables. Will different variables produce different moods of type? 

No comments: