Thursday, April 1, 2010

Typo 4: Reading Inspiration

"Brands, like children, need to be fed and nurtured in order to grow"
     You can't just slap something down, you have to start small and continuously check on it and treat it
     with care in order to get anything good from it.
"Gather, review, analyze, document"
     If this doesn't sum up our entire process, I don't know what does. Research, narrow it down, look it
     over to figure out what makes it great, and then document EVERYthing.

I came to a part about questions to think of while creating a brand. Most of them were just kind of "duh" moments. For example:  "Will it work online? Will it work in print? In motion...?" But one question was something that I hadn't really considered until reading this list: "Will it work in other cultures?" This was also interesting in relationship to the MK12 speech. They did the Kite Runner opening credits and they used Arabic script font as a visual element.. but they had to double check with someone who understood the language to make sure it wasn't offensive. Makes me think I should start doing deeper research on things that might potentially become international.

In relationship to our mind map and the level of detail put into each of the categories, I was pretty pleased with how deeply I had thought about things and about how much I had included in each list, but the book had to one-up me with the INSANE amount of detail the put into the Uniform list. Where I had T-shirt, worker and T-shirt, attendee, they had: "Uniform possibilities: Tights, Bow Ties, Aprons, Cumber buns...."

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.