Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspirations, Inspirational, The content of a content Abby

I generally get innate compulsions to have strange thoughts the more tired I become as a night progresses. Having finished writing a paper, taking me approximately four hours to complete, and after barreling through a very long day or semi-small amounts of sleep, I have decided to verbalize my list of life-long obsessions. They are as follows: 

Batman
Houdini
Dr. Seuss
Al Capone
Sagmeister
magic
animals- zebras, wolves, panthers, hyenas, hawks, dogs
mobsters in general
quirky, odd, old things
toys, especially action figures or things that are smaller than their general counter part (for example, my tic-tac cars vs    
          micro-machines vs hot wheels)
shark teeth
old keys
old paper dolls
small glass jars and vials
buttons
oddly shaped or colored candles
old perfume bottles
old portraits
Albrect Durer
vampires
Anselm Kieffer
jars full of things
metal binders
the concept of a Marry Poppins bag
random quotes from my mother
stickers
hat pins
foreign currency
old nintendo controllers
sewing/repairing things badly
stickers
dreams
watches as necklaces
playing cards
cages
small notebooks
leather jacket scented crayons
recipes
old pieces of paper
new pieces of paper
random spices in their raw/dried form
$.25- .50 animal toys in little plastic bubbles from one of those cheap, jank-ass machines
The Sundance Kid
pockets
pockets in shoes
pockets on the insides of coats
loose tea leaves
fish- especially when they are placed in containers that don't constitute as a "tank"
why certain words start appearing in everyday conversation more often than others, happening in phases, for example, the
          word "innate"
secret passages
The Brothers Grimm
My green folder of strange stories clipped from an old newspaper magazine.
Chunks of safety glass after a car crash
the differences and similarities between Profanity, Profane and Profound
E.A. Poe
music boxes
weird pieces of wood

I compulsively collect pens and fine-tipped markers... I don't know if that should have made the list or not


interesting that all humans appearing on my list are men.

No comments: