Thursday, November 5, 2009

VisLang: Communication Model ideas













I feel like this whole concept is very linear and thus I am going to take the information and form it into a narrative. My rendering style will be based on my 3rd round postcard, cut paper. I want to use very bright colors. Between the rendering style and the bold colors, I believe this will speak to the younger graphic designer (as opposed to older, more seasoned, who probably already knows this information). 

As of right now I have two animations and 1 book idea in mind.








In this storyboard, (animation one), the sender sends a message, wild animals maim the message (noise), the receiver gets the message and sends back feedback, which is also maimed by an animal.





In my second animation idea, the dog becomes the message and it is distracted by many things (which is the noise), then the dog is found by the receiver and is eventually given back to the owner/sender as feedback. 






The book idea would have very simplistic illustrations with probably one key word. any additional information would become secondary.





3 comments:

Lance Flores said...

I really like your dog concept. It was very interesting how you made the dog the message. Also, you might want to think about things dogs do...such as fetching. What if somehow (this could get complicated maybe) the owner is the sender and the dog is the receiver, and the dog is retrieving the object (message). Along the way, the dog can get distracted or interrupted by another dog, fire hydrant, etc. Just a thought.
I would definitely like to see some of the ways you are planning on annotating these also. This could be fun with the little pop outs and such. I also really like the simplicity of yours. Its simple, easy to learn and understand the concept of Communication Theory.

dkozlov said...

I like all your ideas, especially the dog. I think it is a nice metaphor for the communication model. However, I'm not sure if you ever mentioned how you are going to flush out the details such as annotations. Perhaps using other graphic elements would be beneficial. Also, I would look at how you animate it and the style of it. Will it be in flash? Will it be stop motion? Is going to be cut out? Funny? It's definitely a lot of things to consider.

Also, fish. More fish.

b said...

Hmm.. Dmitri and Lance gave some good advice, my only concern, is the about of information being told in the story, just from looking at your sketches, I see the dog, sniffing a butt, a dog pile, fire hydrant, etc. I understand your concept of having an attention deficit dog, but maybe simplify your noises, because Im getting a story about noise mostly, and losing track of your message.