Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NA: Show opener notes and non-story story board.




This is generally how I go about making a project. I doodle and jot down notes in order to get my thoughts on paper, I then set about eliminating stupid ideas or things that are wrong for what I'm trying to go for overall.

For Narrative, I've decided that my show will be called "On The Drying Rack," hosted by Sloan Peterson.

On the Drying Rack
profiling printmakers on the go


I took a bunch of movie clips over the weekend. They consist mostly of ink/printing textures and motion clips of old prints I have in a very old book. I figured the printers my show interviews will want to talk about their process some, most of the time that means there is a historical context to what they do and how they do it (hence the old prints). The "new" textures of the inks that I shot will speak to the current/to-date printers and that this is something on going.

Below are a few of the clips I have edited, not in any particular order or for any set duration. Edited in the raw... so to speak.


Video Clips for the show opener from Abby Gallagher on Vimeo.

No comments: