Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MMEXP: The initial ditigal sketches

The Blind Tiger is one of our three ideas for branding our Dive Hunting community system. The basis for the name comes from Speakeasys. Back in the day of prohibition, a speakeasy would have an attraction (often a live animal) that they would charge people to see. They would then give out "complementary drinks," thus skirting the law.
The Blind Tiger: The two parts can work with one another to help form the visual aesthetic.
These are the Round 1 versions of the icons/logos

I then tried a version without outlines, but I feel it looks too wolfish.
I also tried a version without a body, and I like it quite a bit as a logo/logotype.
Once I played around with the icons a bit more, I revisited the color schemes I had pulled from my visual research and started applying them to the logotype.
After looking through these combinations, I feel the Gray/Green/Orange/Black combination is quite strong.
I then applied those colors to the rest of the system elements in various ways.
After that, I played with a few other random colors in order to obtain a "quirky" aspect that our system is trying to function within. What's quirkier than a pink blind tiger? Exactly.

No comments: